Friday, November 12, 2010

Misty Knight: In-Progress I

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'd like to continue to post with some kind of regularity. Hopefully, that will keep me motivated and drawing during the rare hours that I'm either not at work or spending time with the kids.


This is an image that I was inspired to do when I saw a gym promotion/poster on a bus stop that I passed on my way to work one morning. The woman on it was hot as hell and, being the incredible nerd that I am, I immediately thought to myself "Wow, that's Misty Knight!".

Long story short, I'm not 100% where I'm going with the picture yet. I want to aim for a Blaxploitation poster look but I haven't added any graphic design elements to the image yet. The text is there just because I was messing around with some fonts and I probably won't use either of the ones shown. I'm also not yet sure if I'll make my drawing look more sylistic or if I'll just stick with something similar to what I have here. Meh...

Anyway, because I love talking to myself and pretending as if there's actually someone else reading this, here's the inspiration photo for the above mess I'm creating. Bootylicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment